Job Position: Restaurant Worker - Cook prep, or dishwasher. Cleaning and sanitizing kitchen items, and utensils, perform basic cooking tasks, food prep, and general cleaning of restaurant.
Payrate $16 Per hour
Hours – 40 hours per week
Start Date: May 20th or later DS Start Date
End Date: September 15 th or earlier DS End Date
● Must work FULL program dates as described on DS 2019!
● Good English skills for interacting with customers with a positive attitude.
● Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work in a fast paced environment. You must be flexible to fill different positions as needed.
● Must wear non slip footwear.
● Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card. You will be able to work before you receive your card but you must provide a receipt to prove you have applied.
Housing & Transportation
● Overview of housing situation: You will be living in employer assigned housing which is 2 miles from the
restaurant. Expect one bed per person (bunk bed style possible), micro/fridge, full bathroom.
● Housing Fees: Expect a seasonal rental fee of $2100
● Additional Housing Fees: Housing deposit of $250 to be paid 4 weeks in advance with your first rental
payment of $250. Your security deposit is eligible for refund upon successful program completion, damage
inspection, and positive rental obligation standing.
Your employer/landlord will communicate your payment schedule directly with you.
Transportation –You will walk/bike/ride share to and from work each day. Public transportation in Ocean
City can be utilized for $3.00 per day. All transportation is your financial responsibility.
Bike Safety Reminder – Always wear a helmet & reflective gear, utilize a blinking light, and obey all traffic signs and lights!
Example of what your housing will look like
Company –Long-standing crab house with a seafood market and outside seating. Located in
the Sunset Marina.
Community – Atlantic resort town, year round population of about 7000, hosting 8 million + visitors annually!
Location-Located in Ocean City on the East Coast, approximately 235.5 miles (~379 km) S of
New York City & approximately 141 miles (~227 km) N of Virginia Beach, VA.
Weather – Weather-Hot during the day, warm during the evening with an ocean breeze. Temperatures
range between 75 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit (23-38 degrees Celsius)