Work in kitchen, prepare food, cook, work cash register, maintain store appearance.
This position require standing for the duration of your shift, general restaurant duties as assigned & cleaning safely with chemicals!
- Hours – Average 32+ hours per week
- Start Date: May 11 or DS Start Date
- End Date: October 1 or DS End Date
- Advanced English skills for interacting with customers with a positive attitude.
- The first 3 weeks will be a training period where the hours may be reduced until you are immersed in your full time schedule. Hours will be 32+ average over the course of the program.
- Hours and schedule will vary each week, must be available and able to work holidays, weekdays, and weekends (Saturday, Sunday) as scheduled.
- Uniform - Five Guys t-shirt and hat (1st provided free) Black non-slip shoes.
- Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card. You will be able to work before you receive your card but you must provide a receipt to prove
you have applied.
Housing & Transportation
- Overview of housing situation: Assigned upon arrival in sponsor approved apartment style housing. Expect one bed per person (bunk bed style).
- Housing Fees: Expect a seasonal rental fee of between $2000.00-$2200.00
- Additional Housing Fees: Housing deposit of $250 to be paid 4 weeks in advance with your first rental payment of $250. $200 of your deposit is eligible for refund upon successful program completion, damage inspection, and positive rental obligation standing. $50 is a non-refundable admin fee.
- A total of 4 equal seasonal rent payments will be due every 2.5 weeks in the USA.
- Transportation – You will walk/bike/ride share to and from work each day. Public transportation in Ocean City can be utilized for $3.00 per day. All transportation is your financial responsibility.
- Bike Safety Reminder – Always wear a helmet & reflective gear, utilize a blinking light, and obey all traffic signs and lights!
- Company – Fast food restaurant specializing in burgers and fries.
- Community – Atlantic resort town, year round population of about 7000, hosting 8 million + visitors annually!
- Location – Part of a barrier island on the East Coast of Maryland. About 150 miles (241 km) SE of Washington, D.C. and 240 miles (386 km) S of New York City.
- Weather – Cool during the day and evening. Average temperatures range between 50 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit (5-20 degrees Celsius)