Ocean Pines Beach Club
Customer service, take orders from the patrons, food prep, general cleaning as assigned.
This position require standing for the duration of your shift, general restaurant duties as assigned & cleaning safely with chemicals!
- Hours – Average 32+ hours per week
- Start Date: May 1 - DS Start Date
- End Date: DS End Date
- Advanced English skills for interacting with customers with a positive attitude.
- The first 3 weeks will be a training period where the hours may be reduced until you are immersed in your full time schedule. Hours will be 32+ average over the course of the program.
- Hours and schedule will vary each week, must be available and able to work holidays, weekdays, and weekends (Saturday, Sunday) as scheduled.
- Uniform - Uniforms will be discussed upon arrival. Must wear closed toe non slip work shoes. Sandals and flip flops are not permitted while working.
- Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card. You will be able to work before you receive your card but you must provide a receipt to prove
you have applied.
Housing & Transportation
- Overview of housing situation: Assigned upon arrival in sponsor approved housing in West OC or OC. Located in motel/trailer/cottage/apartment style housing. Expect one bed per person (bunk bed style), micro/fridge, and full bathroom.
- Housing Fees: Expect a seasonal rental fee between $2000 and $2200.
- Additional Housing Fees: Housing deposit of $250 to be paid 4 weeks in advance with your first rental payment of $250. $200 of your deposit is eligible for refund upon successful program completion, damage inspection, and positive rental obligation standing. $50 is a non-refundable admin fee.
- A total of 4 equal seasonal rent payments will be due in the USA prior to your 10th week on program. Payment schedule: 4 payments to be made: 1 in week 3, 1 in week 5, 1 in week 7, and 1 in week 9.
- Transportation – You will walk/bike/ride share to and from work each day. Public transportation in Ocean City can be utilized for $3.00 per day. All transportation is your financial responsibility.
- Bike Safety Reminder – Always wear a helmet & reflective gear, utilize a blinking light, and obey all traffic signs and lights!
- Company – A residential community with a beach club and restaurant located just outside downtown Ocean City.
- Community – Atlantic resort town, year round population of about 7000, hosting 8 million + visitors annually!
- Location – Part of a barrier island on the East Coast of Maryland. About 150 miles (241 km) SE of Washington, D.C. and 240 miles (386 km) S of New York City.
- Weather – Hot during the day, warm during the evening. Average temperatures range between 75 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit (23-38 degrees Celsius)