Job Position: Kitchen Worker- Duties will include Steamer, Prep Cook, Broil Station. Cleaning duties, customer communication. All positions require standing for the duration of your shift, other duties as assigned & cleaning safely with chemicals!
Payrate $15 Per hour
Hours – 32+ hours per week
Start Date: June 1st or later DS Start Date
End Date: September 15 th or earlier DS End Date
● Good English skills for interacting with customers with a positive attitude.
● The first 3 weeks will be a training period where the hours may be reduced until you are immersed in your full
time schedule. Hours will be 32+ average over the course of the program.
● Hours and schedule will vary each week, must be available and able to work holidays, weekdays, and weekends (Saturday, Sunday) as scheduled
● Uniform – Logo t-shirt supplied by employer, Must wear closed toe non slip shoes. No sweats! Must
● Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card. You will be able to work before you receive your card but you must provide a receipt to prove you have applied.
Housing & Transportation
● Overview of housing situation: Apartment on property. Expect one bed per person (twin beds). Housing is apartment
style and will have 5 students per bedroom.
● Housing Fees: A seasonal rental fee of between $2500 will be due for the entire season.
● Additional Housing Fees: Housing deposit of $250 to be paid by June 1st with your first rental payment of $625.($875 total)
Your deposit is eligible for refund upon successful program completion, damage inspection, and positive rental obligation standing.
Your employer/landlord will communicate your payment schedule directly with you.
Transportation –– Housing is steps away from the restaurant. You will walk/bike/ride share to and from work each day.
Public transportation in Ocean City can be utilized for $3.00 per day.
Bike Safety Reminder – Always wear a helmet & reflective gear, utilize a blinking light, and obey all traffic signs and lights!
Example of what your housing will look like
Company – Family owned restaurant specializing in seafood.
Community – Atlantic resort town, year round population of about 7000, hosting 8 million + visitors annually!
Location – Part of a barrier island on the East Coast of Delaware. About 150 miles (241 km) SE of Washington, D.C. and
240 miles (386 km) S of New York City.
Weather – Hot during the day and warm during the evening. Average temperatures range between 75 and 90
degrees Fahrenheit (5-20 degrees Celsius)