Job Position: General Restaurant Staff- Duties will include Host/Hostess, food preparation, cooking, dishwashing, food running, and stocking.
● Pay Rate-$15.00 per hour
● Hours – Average 32+ hours per week
● Start Date: May 1st or DS Start Date
● End Date: September 30th or DS 2019 Form End Date
● Advanced English skills for interacting with customers with a positive attitude.
● The first 3 weeks will be a training period where the hours may be reduced until you are immersed in your full time schedule. Hours will be 32+ average over the course of the program.
● Hours and schedule will vary each week, must be available and able to work holidays, weekdays, and weekends (Saturday, Sunday) as scheduled.
● Uniform- Logo t-shirt purchased by employee, $12 per shirt, first shirt is free. Must wear closed toe non slip black shoes and khaki style pants.
● Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card. You will be able to work before you receive your card but you must provide a receipt to prove
you have applied.
Housing & Transportation
● Overview of housing situation: Assigned upon arrival in employer provided housing. Expect one bed per person (bunk bed style). Housing is dormitory style and will have 6 students per bedroom.
● Housing Fees: A seasonal rental fee of between $2550 will be due for the entire season and paid in 5 equal payments.
● Housing Give-Back Incentive-$200 give back will be detailed and explained on arrival and check in to housing.
● Additional Housing Fees: Housing deposit of $250 to be paid 4 weeks in advance with your first rental payment of $250.
$200 of your deposit is eligible for refund upon successful program completion, damage inspection, and positive rental obligation
on standing. $50 is a non-refundable admin fee.
Employer/Landlord will communicate your payment schedule with you directly.
● Transportation –Housing is 50 feet away from the restaurant.
● Bike Safety Reminder – Always wear a helmet & reflective gear, utilize a blinking light, and obey all traffic signs and lights!
● Company – Waterfront restaurant located in West Ocean City.
● Community – Atlantic resort town, year round population of about 7000, hosting 8 million + visitors annually!
● Location – Part of a barrier island on the East Coast of Delaware. About 150 miles (241 km) SE of Washington, D.C. and
240 miles (386 km) S of New York City.
● Weather – Hot during the day and warm during the evening. Average temperatures range between 75 and 90
degrees Fahrenheit (5-20 degrees Celsius)