Job Positions: Retail Associate -Operate cash register, fold and straighten apparel, light
restocking and tagging of merchandise, cleaning. Knowledge of US currency.
● Hours – 40+ hours per week
● Start Date: May 2024
● End Date: Flexible end date
● Advanced English skills for interacting with customers.
● Uniform – Comfortable shoes, respectable clothing. T-shirts are $15 (paycheck deducted)
● Grooming – Must be presentable and clean.
● Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card. You will be able to work before you receive your card.
Housing & Transportation
● Overview of housing situation –Shared apartment/House (2-3 students per bedroom)
● Housing Fees – $125.00 per week; $125 due on arrival
● Housing Deposit- $250 Deposit. Paycheck deducted (split between 2 paychecks)
● Housing is less than 1 mile away; you will need to walk or purchase a bike and ride a bike.
*Housing pictures below are examples only and not pictures of your housing
These are samples of what your housing may look like. You will be placed in sponsor approved housing upon arrival.
● Company – A tourist gift shop selling souvenirs, shirts, mugs, sunglasses, and other gift products.
● Community – Small-town beach community combines all the best elements of a five star resort vacation, while
still encompassing that laid-back Outer Banks style that embraces the beach life. With minimal development but
lots of amenities. Enjoy all the dining, shopping, water sports.
● Location – Located in the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Nearest large city is Norfolk, VA approximately 1.5 hours
by car. No bus available.
● Weather – Temperatures range between 66 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit (18-30 degrees Celsius)