Job Position: Food Service Worker- Working indoors or outdoors in one of the several dining facilities handling all duties including cashiering, food preparation, cooking, serving, busing, and overall location cleaning. Excellent communication skills, exceptional guest service and a strong team work ethic is required.
All positions are outdoors and require walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, standing for the duration of your shift (8-10+ hours), daily exposure to the sun, and cleaning the park!
• Hours – Average 35 hours per week over course of program
• Start Date: May 14th or DS start date – Accepting arrivals any Tuesday or Friday from 5/14 – 7/1
• End Date: September 2nd or earlier DS end date
• Advanced English skills for interacting with customers with a positive attitude.
• The first 3 weeks will be a training period where the hours may be reduced until you are immersed in your full time schedule.
Hours will be 35 average over the course of the program.
• Hours and schedule will vary each week, must be available and able to work holidays, weekdays, and weekends (Saturday,
Sunday) as scheduled.
• Uniform – No visible tattoos, clean shaven, no facial piercings or long hair for males. Black non-slip shoes and black dress
pants –NO jeans or leggings. Six Flags polos will need to be purchased upon arrival ($40).
• Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card.
You will be able to work before you receive your card but you must provide a receipt to prove you have applied.
Housing & Transportation
• Overview of housing situation: Hotel style, microwave/refrigerator in each room located in close proximity to your host
company. There will be 3-4 people in each room. Bed may be a cot or rollaway. Not guaranteed to be roommates with
friends – housing assigned upon arrival.
• Housing Fees: Housing is $135.00 per week.
• Additional Housing Fees: Housing deposit of $200 to be paid upon arrival. When you arrive you will pay $470 which is
your deposit and first two weeks of rent. Your deposit is eligible for refund upon successful program completion, damage
inspection, and positive rental obligation standing.
• Transportation – You will take private transportation to work each day on a set schedule. Transportation cost is
included in your rent. You may have to arrive early for your shift/stay after your shift to wait a reasonable time for
This is an example if what your housing could look like
• Company – Amusement Park, home of the best water park in the nation, Hurricane Harbor!
• Community – Population of about 31,000, home of Gurnee Mills shopping mall.
• Location – Located midway between Milwaukee and Chicago.
• Weather – Temperatures range between 50 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit (10-19 degrees Celsius) in the early spring
and summer ranges between 75 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit (24 – 32 degrees Celsius).