Job Position: Monitor pool and water ride areas, administer CPR/first aid as needed. Must be able to: swim 200 meters, complete feet first surface dive to get a 10lb brick in 7+ feet of water, and tread water for 2 minutes without use of hands.
First Class will provide Free Swim lessons for participants who need to learn how to swim for this position.
All positions are outdoors and require walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, standing for the duration of your shift (8-10+ hours), daily exposure to the sun, and cleaning the park!
• Hours – Average 35 hours per week over course of program
• Start Date: May 5th, 2024 (or later DS Start Date)
• End Date: September 2024 (or earlier DS End Date)
• Advanced English skills for interacting with customers with a positive attitude.
• The first 3 weeks will be a training period where the hours may be reduced until you are immersed in your full time schedule.
Hours will be 35 average over the course of the program.
• Hours and schedule will vary each week, must be available and able to work holidays, weekdays, and weekends (Saturday,
Sunday) as scheduled.
• Uniform – required and first provided. Additional items available to be purchased by employee. Must bring solid
colored no slip sandals or Crocs (Aquatics). Must bring solid black non slip sneakers (Park Worker)
• Grooming - No visible tattoos, clean shaven, no facial piercings or long hair for males.
• Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card.
You will be able to work before you receive your card but you must provide a receipt to prove you have applied.
Housing & Transportation
• Overview of housing situation: Expect: hotelstyle, one person per bed (bunk/cot style), refrigerator/microwave,
and linens. Located within 30 miles of Six Flags
• Optional Housing Fees – Optional housing is available at a cost of $170 per week. Housing will not be payroll deducted. You will be required to pay your rent each week.
• Additional Optional Housing Fees – A housing deposit of $150 is due at arrival with first weeks rent. A total of $320.
You will not be able to move in without this advance payment made.
• Housing Deposit Refund Policy - $125 of your housing deposit is eligible for return. $25 housing admin set up and
supervision fee is non-refundable. Refunded 45-60 days after all exchange visitors move out of housing.
• Transportation – Private bus on a set schedule determined by Six Flags, cost included in your weekly rent. You may
have to wait at your host company for up to 1.5 hours before your shift in order to best accommodate all
• Company – 235 acre outdoor Amusement Park
• Community – Western suburb of Springfield, MA. Population of about 30,000
• Location – Located about 95 miles (153 km) West of Boston, MA and 140 miles (225 km) North East of New
• Weather – Hot and humid. Temperatures range between 70 & 100 degrees Fahrenheit (21-38 degrees Celsius).