Job Position: Crew member – General restaurant staff duties which will include host and hostess, food preparation, cooking, dishwashing, stocking, and other duties as assigned. You must be flexible and willing to rotate positions.
● Pay Rate – $15.00
● Hours – Average 32+ hours per week
● Start Date: May 1st-DS Start Date
● End Date: DS End Date-September 30
All positions require standing for the duration of your shift, general restaurant duties as assigned & cleaning safely with chemicals!
● Advanced English skills for interacting with customers with a positive attitude. You must be able to be on your feet for long periods of
time. Heavy lifting may be required.
● The first 3 weeks will be a training period where the hours may be reduced until you are immersed in your full time schedule.
● Hours and schedule will vary each week, must be available and able to work holidays, weekdays, and weekends
(Saturday, Sunday) as scheduled.
● Uniform – Logo t-shirt purchased by employee, $12 per shirt, first shirt is free. Must wear closed toe non slip
work shoes and khaki style pants or shorts.
● Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card. You will be able to work before you receive your card but you must provide a receipt to prove you have applied.
Housing & Transportation
Overview of housing situation: Assigned upon arrival in sponsor approved housing. Located in dormitory style housing. Expect one bed per person (bunk bed style), kitchenette and full bathroom.
Housing Fees: Expect a seasonal rental fee of $2250. Advance rent payment of $250 is due 4 weeks prior to arrival.
Additional Housing Fees: Housing deposit of $250 to be paid 4 weeks in advance with your first rental payment of $250. $200 of your deposit is eligible for refund upon successful program completion, damage inspection, and positive rental obligation standing. $50 is a non-refundable admin fee.
Payment schedule: 5 payments to be made every 2 weeks. There is a $200 housing give back incentive that will be detailed upon arrival and check in to your housing.
● Transportation – You will walk/bike/bus to and from work each day. Public transportation in Ocean City can be utilized for
$3.00 per day. All transportation is your financial responsibility.
● Bike Safety Reminder – Always wear a helmet & reflective gear, utilize a blinking light, and obey all traffic signs and lights!
● Company – Restaurant group containing Embers, BLU, Embers Island Group, Jay’s Cafe, and The Other One. You may be
placed in any of these locations.
● Community – Atlantic resort town, year round population of about 7000, hosting 8 million + visitors annually!
● Location – Part of a barrier island on the East Coast of Maryland. About 150 miles (241 km) SE of Washington, D.C. and
240 miles (386 km) S of New York City.
● Weather – Hot during the day, warm during the evening. Average temperatures range between 75 and 100 degrees
Fahrenheit (23-38 degrees Celsius)