Housekeeping- cleaning and maintaining the facilities, including the shared
bathrooms. Picking up trash, keeping supplies organized and stocked, and
interacting with staff and guests in a friendly manner.
This position require standing for the duration of your shift, other duties as assigned & cleaning safely with chemicals!
- Hours – 40 hours per week
- Start Date: May 25-30 2023
- End Date: September 7th DS End Date
- Advanced English skills for interacting with customers with a positive attitude.
- Primarily working outside.
- Uniform - No uniform required.
- Grooming – Must be presentable and clean.
- Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card. You will be able to work before you receive your card.
Housing & Transportation
- Overview of housing situation: Shared apartment; 4 people per bedroom. Housing is fully furnished; wifi &
- Housing Fees: –There is no rent for this housing only a housing deposit. (Free!!)
- Housing Deposit: A Housing deposit of $250 cash is due upon arrival.
- Housing Deposit Refund Policy: - $175 of your housing deposit is eligible for return. You must work full program
dates and leave housing clean and undamaged.
- Transportation – Housing is 3.2 miles from your work location and you can ride a bicycle or take the bus. Bus is $2/per ride
- Company – Rustic camping facility featuring unique lodging such as yurts, tents & cabins.
- Community – Munising is in the heart of the Hiawatha National Forest, it has small-town charm but bustles with
tourists during peak summer season. Munising also boasts over 15 waterfalls, 5 lighthouses and
several beautiful recreation areas.
- Location – Upper Peninsula of Michigan and is the gateway to the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
- Weather – Temperatures range between 60 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (16-20 degrees Celsius)