Job Position: Restaurant Worker -Will work in the kitchen doing a variety of tasks but not limited to steamer, prep cook, line cook, cleaning, and dishwashing. All positions require standing for the duration of your shift, general restaurant duties as assigned & cleaning safely with chemicals!
Payrate $15 Per hour
Hours – 32-42 hours per week
Start Date: May 20 th or later DS Start Date
End Date: September 30 th or earlier DS End Date
● Good English skills for interacting with customers with a positive attitude.
● The first 3 weeks will be a training period where the hours may be reduced until you are immersed in your full time schedule.
● Hours and schedule will vary each week, must be available and able to work holidays, weekdays, and weekends (Saturday, Sunday) as scheduled
● Uniform – You will receive 1 free shirt. Must wear closed toe non slip work shoes. Additional shirts are $10.00. No sandals or flip flops allowed.
● Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card. You will be able to work before you receive your card but you must provide a receipt to prove you have applied.
● Bike Safety Reminder – Always wear a helmet & reflective gear, utilize a blinking light, and obey all traffic signs and lights!
Housing & Transportation
● Overview of housing situation: You will be living in employer assigned housing which is 500 feet from the restaurant. Expect one bed per person (bunk bed style possible), micro/fridge, full bathroom.
● Housing Fees: Expect a seasonal rental fee of $2100
● Additional Housing Fees: Housing deposit of $250 to be paid 4 weeks in advance with your first rental payment of $250. $200 of your deposit is eligible for refund upon successful program completion, damage inspection, and positive rental obligation standing. $50 is a non-refundable admin fee.
Your employer/landlord will communicate your payment schedule directly with you.
Transportation –You will walk/bike/ride share to and from work each day. Public transportation in Ocean City can be utilized for $3.00 per day. All transportation is your financial responsibility
Example of what your housing will look like
Company – Restaurant. Seafood Market, and bar located in West Ocean City
Community – Atlantic resort town, year round population of about 7000, hosting 8 million + visitors annually!
Location – – Part of a barrier island on the East Coast of Maryland. About 150 miles (241 km) SE of Washington, D.C. and 240 miles (386 km) S of New York City.
Weather – Hot during the day, warm during the evening. Average temperatures range between 75 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit (23-38 degrees Celsius)